Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

MFW SS20: Gucci

Gucci

Gucci has now fully been revived after it struggled when Tom Ford left. Alessandro Michele has given the brand a new life through extreme runways but that has not come without its controversy. People went mad when models walked down the runway carrying a copy of their head. Even worse they got it completely wrong when they launched that balaclava jumper.

However, they have got one thing right, my man Harry Styles is the ambassador of the brand and even though people don't appreciate his suits, I do. It also means that the brand had hit a slightly younger market who now take an interest in the brand. Gucci have also hit big with the commercially successful GG belts and their loafers. Despite all of this, I still look forward to the Gucci runway every season, just to see what is going to happen.

Picture from Vogue

Spring/Summer 2020

This wasn't set to be the absolutely insane light show that blinded anyone who actually attended the show last season. Instead the models went through on a travelator. Apparently there was a black out on the runway halfway through, intentional of course, but I didn't see this as I really did not see that much coverage of the show on Instagram. It is unfortunate as really Gucci shows are best seen in video rather than pictures but I will have to settle with the image breakdown on Vogue. 

Picture from Vogue

As always there was a little bit of everything in this runway. My favourite outfits are the dresses which have a cut out underneath the boobs. They are almost risque but only if you had bigger boobs, I would be fine. I love the fit of these dresses, the fabric looks quite thick and the edging makes it look sort of apron like. It was shown in multiple different colours but this dusty pink one that I featured above was my favourite.

When there wasn't a jacket, there was a lot of nips and low cuts, building on the daring look of the runway. In the picture above, the top was open until the waistband of the skirt which really is brave. I really like this burgundy skirt and it looks sort of like a skirt in the Coach Runway but it is slightly more sexy due to the split all the way up the leg.

When there are jackets, they are a boxy fit and some of them have military detailing. For example, the jacket below has multiple cargo pockets and a double breasted front with no sleeves. Even Gucci has incorporated military styling into their mostly 70s runway. 


Picture from Vogue

I might have compared a lot of the sunglasses from previous shows to Elton John's sunglasses but these are it. Gucci make a lot of Elton Johns glasses but I will be disappointed if I do not see him wearing these in the future. They are hexagonal, large sunglasses with a massive chain that goes around the neck of the model. As well as the glasses, there are long latex gloves and crops which look like they belong in 50 Shades of Grey. 

Picture from Vogue

Based on This Show, What Should You Add to Your S/S Wardrobe?

Big Sunglasses. I have always been a big fan of large sunglasses but this S/S season it seems to be the bigger, the better. I have recently watched Rocketman and I have to say I did like some of the wardrobe and Elton John's glasses have really stuck with me so I am glad this is going to be a trend.

50 Shades of Accessories. The accessories this season are a bit on the kinky side, with latex gloves and whips. I'm not sure anyone will adopt these to accompany their outfits but maybe it is time to add a bit of sexiness to a mundane outfit.

Military Details. Gucci usually has more of a 70s vibe with flares and patterns but there are lots of pockets and buttons throughout this runway. 

If you want to see more of the Gucci Runway, here is a link to the pictures on Vogue: Gucci: Spring/Summer 2020


Check out some of my other Fashion Week posts here:

MFW: Versace
MFW: Etro
MFW: Tod's
MFW: Moschino
MFW: Fendi

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar