Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Cosy Time of Year

Hello, hello, hello...

Well my lovelies, thanks to my wonderful fiance I am back on my blog again. Yep, that's right, I said fiance, he put a ring on it. It's been so long since I last posted that I feel loads has happened. I'll try to update you, let's get started...

In my last post I think we'd just gotten back from the hospital after Elliot had had his operation on his stomach, since then he's had his follow up with the surgeon and he had healed perfectly with no problems or cause for concern. To be honest I don't even think when he's older you'd be able to tell it was a specially made belly button. At that time Elliot was a little over 2 months old and now he's just passed 10 months, I can't believe my little boy will be 1 soon. It seems crazy to look back at photos and see how tiny he was, to now watch him crawling here, there and everywhere and cruising around the furniture.

Then April came and I had my very first Mothers Day, it was lovely of course, but little did I know Nick had something special kept secret. The following Sunday, the 9th, we had arranged to go out for the day to Hever Castle with some friends of ours. We'd had a very lovely day out and before we'd left we made our way to the fountain for what I thought would just be some lovely family photos with a nice background. But I wasn't expecting this. The photos got taken, hugs were had and Nick says to me 'you know I love you?', to which I reply with 'I love you too', and he gets down on one knee, and it starts. I hadn't seen it coming so of course as soon as he said those four words 'Will you marry me?' I couldn't hold back the tears, happy tears of course, and I said yes! I couldn't be happier. it was a perfect day out with great friends and our beautiful baby boy with perfect weather and now this just topped it. My smile couldn't stretch further across my face behind the tears. I later found out that Nick had been planning this for a while, and had even spoken to my parents about it! I consider myself to be very lucky indeed and I still look at my beautiful ring and smile about it.


When summer came along came my 25th birthday which again was a great day, we'd had some lovely days and I probably took a few too many photos but I love to look back at them for memories so I can talk to Elliot about things when he's older. As September crept up on us so did the day I returned to work and had to get used to not always being home with my baby boy, but we've made it work and now a month in its almost become a normal routine and I don't get so sad to not be with him all the time.

As much as I enjoyed the summer days of hot weather, it became too much sometimes and I longed for it to cool down a bit. As October hit, it seemed to do just that and I love it. I love the time of year when you can get cosy and snuggle in a blanket when you're cold, and I can have Elliot cuddled up to me asleep with a blanket over us catching up on things on the tv. I'm looking forward to getting more into Autumn and the things it brings such as the crunch of a golden leaf as you walk over, the coloured leaves in the trees before they fall varying from reds, golden browns and yellows, the evenings getting darker earlier, hot drinks, long scarves, blanket snuggles and all things cosy. It has probably become my favourite time of year (other than Christmas of course).

I've rambled on for quite a bit actually so if you've made it to the end of this post then well done, go get yourself a cookie.
I've missed writing so hopefully I'll be able to do so a bit more now, don't worry they won't all be almost essay length rambles.

For tonight though it's time I said goodnight,
until next time, thanks for reading :) x

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar