Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Long Awaited Guo Pei Part 1


Swatches from left to right
Ethereal Orchid, Luster and Brave Red

The excitement here is real.  I have waited for this collection for months, ever since the buzz started buzzing on social media.  I new the moment I saw this collection I had to have it.  Truly in person this collection does not disappoint except the price tag.  I'm trying to figure out why this collection needed such a hefty price tag?  Everything in this collection was close to double in price!  None, the less I still purchased it and glad I did. 

I thought I'd break this collection into several blog post, I felt it deserved it. 

So, starting with the lipsticks.  This collection had six lip product's  three lipsticks and three matching cremesheen lip glasses.  I decided to skip out from purchasing the cremesheen lips glasses since I'm not a fan of lipgloss.  The lipsticks show above retail each for $30.00!  Two are lustre (Zenith and Ethereal Orchid) and Brave Red is a cremesheen.

All three wear beautiful on the lips.  I could have done without another red.  I feel that almost every collection has some shade of red in it.  Bring on the dark purples or a black please LOL! In all, a great trio.  "Zenith" for me is a "your lips but better" shade.  "Ethereal Orchid" has a slight orange undertone to it.  On MAC Cosmetics website it's described and as a "midtone dirty coral" that describes is perfectly.  Last but  not least "Brave Red" is a nice wearable everyday red with yellow undertones. All three are creamy and delightful.

The best part about this collection and what I feel made this collection so pricy was its packaging.  These all came in gold toned metal cases.  The lids having a silk fabric overlay placed on them.  Talk about luxurious.  My only problem with the packaging is the fabric, I'm afraid that it may get dirty from touching it or just having in a makeup bag.  I think its time to bring out my lipstick holder.  The one that has a mirror and only holds one lipstick.

In all this was a great purchase and as of the time of posting this, these are all still available on MAC Cosmetics website.

Till next time,

Amber



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar